Drug/Alcohol Addiction Counseling FAQs

Please read Gainful Employment Disclosure Form.

  • How do I apply for admission to DAAC program?
    Contact the Admissions Office for an application packet (admissions@MemphisSeminary.edu).  You will receive an application by e-mail.  You may also visit the Admissions Office to pick up an application.  You must submit official transcripts from each and every college, university, and graduate school you have ever attended.  Contact the Registrars Office of each school you have attended and have your transcripts mailed to: Director of Admissions, Memphis Theological Seminary, 168 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN  38104.


  • Is certificate credit the same as academic credit?
    Yes.  The credit that is earned for the certificate program is graduate academic credit, although it cannot be used toward any degree program at MTS.  The credit hours are kept on an MTS transcript and maintained by the MTS Registrar.  These credits can be transferred to another institution.


  • Is it possible to for current degree-seeking MTS students to participate in the program?
    Yes.  However, the programs are completely separate and credit earned in the certificate program cannot be used in the degree program.


  • Can I enroll in only one of the classes?
    Yes.  Although the program uses the cohort model (in which a group of students moves through all classes and phases of the program together), requests to enroll in only one class will be considered.


  • How much is tuition?
    Tuition is currently $480 per semester hour.  Each course is three hours.  The entire certificate program costs $8640.


  • Can I get financial aid?
    There are no scholarships available for the Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certificate program.  The DAAC Certificate program is eligible for Federal Financial Aid through the Stafford Loan program under the Gainful Employment status.  For more information, click here or contact the Director of Financial Aid, John Stygles, at jstygles@MemphisSeminary.edu.


  • Where can I find information about Drug and Alcohol Counseling as a career?
    More information about Drug and Alcohol counselors can be located at the Tennessee Department of Health website at http://health.state.tn.us/boards/A&D.